Sunday, April 23, 2023

Another Quick Update [April, 23, 2023]

So this is going to be another quick update. It's almost as if I already made one. However rather than some things related to this blog post, it's related to one particular social media platform and that is Twitter.

I know for a fact that I used Twitter as a source and a way to find things that I normally couldn't find anywhere else despite it being a dumpster fire. It's how I make the posts like Free Fur All come to life since it's considered to be one of the top posts on this blog.

Unfortunately, Twitter has been cracking down on what to search for. A primary example of this is you can still search for users, but not hashtags. The same thing goes for Nitter which is another alternative to view tweets and hashtags but mimics everything on twitter so I can't find any hashtags. Of course, the hashtags were a way to find new information if it was ever updated. Now it makes it slightly more difficult to find ways around it. 

So, I tried finding alternatives online to see if I can search for hashtags. One of them was sotwe.com which is a Twitter Web Viewer. It's not much, but it does the job pretty well. As far as I'm concern, that's the only thing I found minus Nitter. The downside for this is that for now on, posts will take a little bit longer to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment