Sunday, February 12, 2023

Flicker: The Short-Lived Degenerate


Side Note: Please do not go and attack or harass this person.
WARNING: Some of the content may be disturbing for some viewers.

Happy Valentines Day everyone and were here today to talk about another Animation Meme degenerate. You've probably seen this individual's name mentioned before. That's because about a month ago, I talked about an animation meme channel (who's fucking disgusting) called Rocky Rakoon. This individual's name was mentioned briefly because in the light of the drama, he was already being cancelled. Regarding that post, I figured we would talk about them and for this we have Flicker; an animation meme channel that makes animation memes however he had their career cut short due to a suicidal community post and a NSFW Twitter account.

The Major Downfall:

Community Post on Suicide / 

It's crazy to think that Flickers drama lasted only half a year, making it (at least in my opinion) the most short-lived channel here on this blog. Way back in mid 2022, Flicker makes a community post involving self-harm to one of their characters. Many people speculated that he was depressed and were almost to the point of suicide. However, many people felt empathy for them hoping to get better. I'm not sure if this is supposed to target suicidal victims but whatever he did, he executed it poorly.

Way back on July 17, 2022, an artist by the name of blewbsies 33 makes a video (shown above, since unlisted) on Flicker including the fact that he had an alt twitter account full of NSFW as well as drawing depictions of minors. After the video surfaced, it was pretty much the end for him as Flicker disappeared, deleted said alt account and was never to be seen again. Other YouTuber's including XxMushroom.GirlXx and Nicochan 21 also made videos exposing him.

His inactivity wouldn't last for very long as on January 6, 2023 (roughly a month ago at the time I'm making this post), Flicker comes back to make an apology video (shown above) which is just a 2 second clip with the text 'I Indeed Apologize ..' but he wrote in the description box:Flicker - YouTube

"Hello, everyone.

I indeed apologize, I understand that my latest video was nothing more than just an excuse to defend myself back then. Now I take accountable for my works in sexual incestuous theme, and for sharing image of perceptually minor character in inappropriate position, and understand that it could not be acceptable with any excuse. the social outrage is enough as a punishment and consequence for my own action to make me feel humiliated, and while the time I took might not enough to fulfill the promise, it is enough for me to reflect and fully realize on what I have done. I am still working on myself with some aid from my doctor, please let me know if there is something I should do to fix.

Of course, this is just nothing but excuses and he should've known that. YouTube apologies are terrible and this one isn't going to change anything. The damage has already been done and the fact that several YouTube comments that I found are still defending him which is fucking disgusting. In other words, his career is over.

Images & Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment