Tuesday, July 26, 2022

GameToons: Cringy Content That's Stuck in 2020


Side Note: Please do not go and attack or harass this person.
This post is outdated and a couple of weeks old. Created on July 10, 2022

I've talked about animation in one other post here on this blog. The Animation/Art Community can be a great place and sometimes a terrible place. Once again it all depends on which creator/artist you view or watch. Anyways I really didn't have anything else to start with but today we are talking about GameToons: a video game animator in the animation community that mostly got popular for the Among Us trend and has a little over 4M subscribers. Thats basically what happens when a popular trend comes, people enjoy it and after a while it will become stale. Apparently, that's really not the case for GameToons as his content is literally the same thing.

GameToons started their channel on March 18, 2020 (right around the start of COVID). The channel remained inactive until August 29, 2020, when the first video "Fall Guys Logic" was uploaded. His format from 2 years ago would be '[insert video game] Logic' and so more of this series such as Minecraft Logic, Among Us Logic and FNF Logic kept on spawning in and gaining massive popularity since those games were still trending. There were also other games on this list including Squid Game Logic and Poppy Playtime Logic. He also created 4 other channels: Two in October of 2020 called GameTunes which is all about music and GameToons Espanol for the Spanish audience. Two other ones were created later on in February of 2021 called GameToons Gaming (self-explanatory), and GameToons Clips. All of these channels are constantly active except for GameTunes which has been inactive since November 4, 2021.

The Fall: Cringe in a Nutshell:

Before I talk a little bit more about his content, I want to clarify that I don't get any of these new horror games. I really don't understand the popularity when it comes to Five Nights at Freddy's (FNAF), Poppy Playtime or any of the other clones. Maybe it's just me but I really don't understand it because I never really played any of the games that I just mentioned. I've seen gameplay footage from Lets Players, but they just look boring an uninteresting to me. I know you guys like those games, and I respect your opinion. I'm not going to take anything away from that.

From his Main Channel: GameToons

From his Gaming Channel: GameToons Gaming

Now back to GameToons. To be honest he hasn't done anything that is complete damage control. In terms of controversies (which is what I mainly talk about here on this blog) I couldn't find anything, so I guess you could say that he is a normal person for the most part. His content is the same exact thing and really hasn't change over the past year. For his Gaming channel (shown in the screenshot above) it's literally Among Us content based on community mods. It's so bad that it reminds me of the Minecraft Community in a nutshell. They stick with just one game for a long time until people grow old and move on. With his gaming channel it's pretty much the same thing over and over again. His main channel's artstyle is a mix between subpar and something that the Elsagate channels would've come up with. Also, most of his content is stuck in 2020 and therefor making the content quite stale and very repetitive.

In terms of the voice acting in each video, it can range between decent to downright horrendous. I guess the guy who runs the channel (who portrays as most of the characters) has really bad voice acting. I mean you can't watch it for more than 5 minutes to know that it's bad. Even worse when these videos come out once every 2 days. They probably prerecord everything prior to the release. It all depends on their schedule for each channel. It could be shorter, or it could be longer. Most of their videos stretch on for more than 10 minutes (I said some but not all of them). I guess they just want the ad revenue or something like that.

One other thing that I completely forgot when making the history for this channel. Apparently GameToons is not a separate channel, in fact when checking the emails (shown in their about page on their channel), it's owned by another channel called NewScapePro. NewScapePro inc. does Gaming Cartoons but most of the time just Fortnite videos. I might talk about them in another post. I guess NewScapePro inc. also owns GameToons and are probably run by the same guy. I really don't know at this point. I will give them credit for the GameTunes channel since it's better than their main channels.

Images & Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment